Stay-cations in San Francisco are so easy — especially when it comes to eating adventures. Join my family on Saturday, August 20th for the Third San Francisco Street Food Festival where there will be over 60 food vendors.
Here’s the video I made of last year’s food adventure. You’ll see my son Dean eating a “Korean Taco” — Meh.
Here are my FIVE – HOT TIPS on how to have a great time!
- Take public transportation. 50,000 people in the Mission — do yourself and the environment a favor and take the bus or bike it.
- Go early! Arrive by 11:00 AM before the lines get long. By Noon the place is packed and by 2:00 some of the vendors run out of food.
- Map out a strategy. Check out the restaurants and the map ahead of time and form your list.
- Have a team where you divide and conquer. I’ll be standing the in the Funnel Cake line, sending Dean get the Chicken Wings, encouraging my husband to test the Pastrami at Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen, and taunting Kyle try the edible insects at Don Bugito.
- Enjoy the scene. There’s music — good vibes. And be glad you live in San Francisco!
The Festival will take place in the Mission District on Folsom St. from 22th to 26th, 23rd and 25th from Treat St. to Shotwell St., as well as the Cesar Chavez Elementary School parking lot and Parque de los Ninos Unidos.
BART: 24th St Bart Station
MUNI: 12, 14, 14L, 27, 48, 67
BIKE: thank you SF Bike Coalition for providing monitored bike parking